CoverNJ is a collaborative project of Affordable Care Act Outreach and Enrollment Groups across the state, working to connect more New Jerseyans to health insurance options now available under the ACA.
Need Health Insurance? Find Out What You Qualify For Today
We all have a need for health care. Having health insurance can give you peace of mind and help protect you (and your wallet) in case an unexpected illness or injury happens. When you have health insurance, you'll have coverage for doctor visits, free preventative care, maternity care, emergency care and more.
Under the Affordable Care Act, there are lots of new options. If you're a U.S. citizen or you're a lawfully present immigrant, you could sign up for a health insurance plan through the health insurance marketplace during open enrollment. That means you could qualify for financial help (click here) to lower your monthly costs. Or, you could qualify for free or low-cost coverage through NJFamilyCare (click here).
If people in your household have different immigration statuses, those who are lawfully present can enroll through the marketplace. Family members who do not apply for coverage in the marketplace will not be asked about their immigration status.
Here are a few facts you should know about marketplace plans:
1. The marketplace has new plans every year, so check out your options.
2. Financial help is available (click here) to those who qualify.
3. You can get free in-person assistance (click here) to help with your application. Many places offer assistance in languages other than English.
4. All plans offered in the marketplace must cover the important stuff (click here): doctor visits, emergency care, maternity care, free preventive care, and much more.
5. You cannot be turned down for health insurance based on a family member's immigration status. And the information you provide to the marketplace cannot be used for immigration enforcement.
Open Enrollment is from November 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017. Explore your options. Contact an enrollment assister today (click here) and get covered!
UPDATES Coming Soon!
75 Raritan Avenue, Suite 200
Highland Park, NJ 08904
The current enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act is November 1 , 2016 to January 31, 2017. See if you qualify...
New Jersey Citizen Action